District-wide Art Show to take place at WBHS

Lauryn Azu

Next week, from Monday April 23 to Friday, April 27, an art show will be taking place within WBHS. Art by students from the elementary schools, the two middle schools, and the high school will all be compiled together in a gallery within atrium of  WBHS and will be shown throughout the week. The official opening reception will take place Wednesday, April 25 at 6:30pm in the WBHS atrium.

“It’s a showcase, so there’s drawings, there’s paper-folding, there’s ceramics, there’s jewelry, it’s overall a wide variety of artwork. There’s about 65 students from WBHS participating,” said WBHS art teacher Ms. Molly Marshall.

“I am presenting a picture of some makeup brushes that I took for the Scholastic Submission. It was really cool because I got to do up-close photography and texture photography for the first time. I am excited about the art show, it hasn’t happened in a couple years where they’re doing the entire district. We’re also paired up with a buddy from another school to show our art with,” said senior Olivia Bowyer.

With this event, the upcoming Fine Arts Wall of Fame unveiling, and the Fine Arts Scholar Breakfast, it seems that students in the arts are getting more recognition for the work they do. Come out next week to see great works of art here at WBHS, and to support student artists from across the district.