Counselor of the Week

Mrs. Mortimore

Ryan Horwitz and Melissa Strome

Back in August of 2016, West Bloomfield High School added a new edition to their already wonderful repertoire of counselors. Mrs. Mortimore has been a counselor for two and a half years and has been in the district for over two decades. She has been working with students last names A-Bok for seniors and A-Cu for juniors, sophomores, and freshmen since she started here.

When asked what she is looking forward to about being a counselor at the high school, Mrs. Mortimore replied, “I am looking forward to getting to know each of the students on my caseload and helping them to clarify and achieve their goals for the future.”

Before becoming a counselor, Mrs. Mortimore taught social studies such courses, some of which being Civics, US History, AP Psych, and Peer mentorship, all at the high school. She graduated from the University of Michigan with a BA, Wayne State University with a Masters, and Oakland University with and Ed Specialist.

Mrs. Mortimore gives advice to all grades, telling seniors to travel more and the underclassmen to work hard, turn in work on time, and be nice to others. She uses Albert Einstein’s quote as her motto saying, “Not everything that counts can be counted.”

Next week there will be another issue, another opportunity to get to know the counselors a little bit better. Come back next time for more Counselor of the Week!