Final Exam Tips!

“If you’re sleeping you’re not grinding”- Ari Felhandler

Final Exam Tips!

Final Exam Week at West Bloomfield High School is the week of Monday, January 23rd. Students are stressed, distressed, and ready to get the year over with. The stress and anxiety that goes along with finals effects not only the students but the teachers as well

1. Start early: “the early bird gets the worm” or in this case “the early studier gets the A”. It is always a good idea to start preparing for final exams weeks prior to getting the study guide.
  2. Organize your study area. It may help you to keep your desk neat or sit in a comfortable chair. Make sure that you have enough light to clearly read your notes, and if music helps you learn, it may be helpful to listen to instrumental background music.
  3. Get enough rest. If you are not well rested by the time you begin studying, you will not be able to focus as well. In order to stay awake and focused while studying, you need to get enough sleep both before studying and before the exam.
  4. Organize study groups with your friends! Your friends may have extra notes or additional information that could help you. Also, if you don’t understand something, you could have a friend explain it to you.
  5. Drink Water! Water is the key to success. Water makes you hydrated which is good for energy and focusing.
  6. Take study breaks! It is important to spend your time studying efficiently. Therefore, once your mind starts to wonder, take a break.
  7. Go to sleep early the night before! It would be terrible to fall asleep during the test after all that studying.
  8. Study your courses based on academic value. Study the harder classes earlier and more extensive than classes of less importance.
  9.  Meditate, relaxing your mind and body is an excellent way to prep your brain and body for the extensive studying you’re about to do.
  10. Take a deep breath, the semester is almost over.