A New Day, A New Executive Front for NHS

Ari Felhandler and Lauryn Azu

Thursday, June 1 marked the start of a new era for the National Honor Society (NHS) at West Bloomfield High School (WBHS). WBHS’ most dedicated and academically prioritized student gathered to elect their executive board for the 2017-2018 school year.

The overwhelming enthusiasm was clearly evident in the number of participants making powerful speeches in hopes of being elected. Highly contested positions included the elections for president and vice president consisting of 6 students each.

The executive board consists of:

President: Emily Falkowski

Vice President: Blake Bordelove

Secretary: Jason Israilov

Treasurer: Jessie Stone

Historian: Marissa Stone

NHS newest executive Secretary recalled the thrilling experience of first finding out of this triumphant victory, “At first I was very confused why I was given a balloon and people were cheering… then they congratulated me and told me I will be the new NHS Secretary. I got very exhilarated to hear that my classmates nominated and trusted me with this position.” He continued, “Next year I hope to make a more efficient way for NHS students to collect hours along with increasing the WBHS NHS visibility in the community.”

Newly elected President Emily Falkowski exclaimed, “I’m so happy I’ve been chosen to be president of NHS. I feel like I can make a huge impact not only on our school but also on our community.” She offered bold solutions such as “creating a positive atmosphere within the club by celebrating members who make an impact on their community on Twitter amongst other social media. I also plan to invite influential community members who can speak to us on how being in NHS has helped them in college and in their career.”

Blake Bordelove celebrated his victory for the Vice President position by professing that he is “super excited about being elected as VP for NHS and I think everyone who got on board worked hard and deserved their spot. I think it will be a successful year.”