Homecoming During a Pandemic

Homecoming spirit week starts Monday.

Kendall Fowler, Writer

Homecoming week is on for 2021 and here is a look at what you can expect.

Monday: Neon Day

Tuesday: Tie Dye/80s and Powder Puff

Wednesday: Tropical Day and Movie Night (Cruella) 

Thursday: Laker Pride Day and Mr. WB

Friday: Class Color Day, Pep Assembly, Homecoming Parade, and Homecoming Game

Freshman: Yellow, Sophomores: Red, Juniors: Blue, Seniors: Black

Saturday: Homecoming Dance 

Pullquote Photo

I’m looking forward to the pep assembly. I’m looking forward to seeing how it comes out, outisde.

— Sunaina Isaac, 12

A lot of planning has gone into the preparations for homecoming during a pandemic. It has taken a lot of hard work on those in Student Leadership to ensure that homecoming would be great and memorable, even during a pandemic.

“Planning in less than two weeks has definitely put a time constraint on us,” stated Sunaina Isaac, 12. 

Even with the time constraint, it has come together but will look a little different. Some of the major differences are the pep assembly and the dance will be held outside.

“One of the biggest differences by far is definitely gonna have to be our preparation for Covid and how we are planning everything,” said Brad Kocher, 12.

One of the most exciting announcements is regarding who has made homecoming court. Students have been voting and those votes have been finalized. 

“We just got all our election votes in so we’ll be sending out who won soon,” stated Elizabeth Gordinier, 11.

The homecoming court will be announced and crowned at the pep assembly and at the football game. The nomination form that went out to students indicated that the selection process would be slightly different and that students were able to vote for any two students they felt were the most spirited in their class. Stay tuned to see who those students are. 

You can find more information by visiting room 300 and speaking with any student from Leadership. You can also check out their social media sites on Twitter @wbhsleadership or Instagram @wbhs.leadership.