MCBA Field Day

Amazing music, a fun environment, and a chance to support your West Bloomfield Marching Band

Avani Samandur and Deepa Jha

Come out to the Michigan Competing Band Association (MCBA) Field Day on Saturday, September 10th, hosted by West Bloomfield High School!

Catch the West Bloomfield Marching Band at 7 p.m for as little as $5 per adult and free for children under 5 years old. The event will begin at 4 p.m at the West Bloomfield High School football field. More than 1,000 students in high school marching bands around the area will be performing!

The West Bloomfield Marching Band is ranked eighth in the state of Michigan. Their performance is titled “Glass Half Full” and is centered on the concept of perception.

Each marching band is allotted a maximum of 30 minutes to perform as much of their show as desired.  After the marching band performs, then they break into groups to meet with caption judges for immediate educational feedback, reset and then have the opportunity to perform again.

“We are very excited to kick off another successful marching band season at West Bloomfield High School,” said Chad Mielens, Director of Bands. “We made quite a bit of progress and growth last year, and we plan on making more strides in 2016.” 

For more information about Field Day, click here!

Written with information provided by Suzanne and Brandon Crawford