Fall Prism Concert

Fall Prism Concert

Parker Semanson, Contributor

Every fall the WBHS puts on a performance displaying the entire music department. It is called the Prism concert due to the fact that it is highlighting the three different types of music classes that WBHS has to offer. You will see the orchestra directed by Linda Trotter, the band and the marching band directed by Noah Dyer, and the choir directed by Cheryl Hauk. The concert was held in the auditorium, but it was not just on the stage. The musicians were placed in different spots around the auditorium and spotlights moved around shining on the musicians to give the allusion of a prism reflecting lights. The audience did not just get to see the group performances, there were solos as well that showcased some of WBHS’s talented students. This year the concert was held on Wednesday October 17, 2018.

The first concert of the school year is always the most stressful due to the fact there is a little less than a month to prepare. The students had their dress rehearsal on Monday, to make sure that everything was going to run steadily. Leah , a senior violinist said “ I wish we had more time to practice at rehearsal, I felt like it was rushed. The individual sections needed more work.”

Despite the worries after the rehearsal the concert went really well. The music sounded great and all the musicians were able to move around the auditorium smoothly. Zipporah Abarca a junior flutist said “ I thought the Prism concert went well this year. I felt confident and every performance.”