Lady Lakers Celebrate Last Home Meet

Back: Alexis Nyquist, Durga Shanker, and Bhargavi Kurakula
Front: Shayne Zieman, Jasmin Lee

Back: Alexis Nyquist, Durga Shanker, and Bhargavi Kurakula Front: Shayne Zieman, Jasmin Lee

Jasmin Lee, Writer

West Bloomfield Swim and Dive girls team had their last home meet on Thursday, October 11th. This swim meet was a tri-meet against Detroit Country Day and Avondale High School. Along with game night, it was senior night.

There are five seniors on the West Bloomfield Swim and Dive team:

Bhargavi Kurakula (Swimmer)

Jasmin Lee (Swimmer)

Alexis Nyquist (Diver)

Durga Shanker (Swimmer)

Shayna Zieman (Swimmer)

Bhargavi Kurakula is planning on majoring in Business and she is most excited to travel after High School. Her favorite memory with the team is having free time and playing games with everyone, like water polo.

Jasmin Lee is going to major in Journalism and is most excited to travel and go to college after High School. Her favorite memory is going to a cow farm to eat ice cream.

Alexis Nyquist attends OEC and plans on majoring in Anesthesiology. Her favorite memory with the team is bonding with the divers during team dinners.

Durga Shanker plans on majoring in Psychology/Neuroscience and she is most excited about taking a gap year after high school. Her favorite memory of the swim team is bonding in the woods.

Shayna Zieman is going to college undecided and she is most excited about moving out after high school. Her favorite memory is eating dinner with the divers before swim meets.

The meet ended on a good note for West Bloomfield, winning with a score of 142 points, Detroit Country Day finished with 131 points, and Avondale with 48 points.

WBHS Swim and Dive Team