The Student News Site of West Bloomfield High School

WBHS Media

WBHS Media

WBHS Media

Humans of Laker Nation: Gabby Hale

Hale+jumps+up+with+her+amazing+height+to+set+up+Arielle+Newsome+for+the+awesome+spike+against+the+opponent%21+
Hale jumps up with her amazing height to set up Arielle Newsome for the awesome spike against the opponent!

Meet Gabby Hale, a true gem of a human being! The masterful setter who controls the game with her precision and skill. With her remarkable height and incredible athleticism, Hale sets up her teammates for success. Off the court, Hale radiates positivity and inspires her teammates with support and leadership. Get ready to witness the brilliance of the incredible volleyball setter Hale. 

There can never be a spot where I can’t grow when it comes to volleyball.

— Gabby Hale

¨The most enjoyable thing about volleyball is that it’s all about pure skill. It’s a fast-paced sport that brings people together. Also its moments of pure excitement and the feeling of being fully immersed in the game,¨ Hale said.

Volleyball is a sport that requires skill, teamwork, and strategy. Not to mention the strong bonds they form with their teammates through all practices and games. It’s all about that high-energy atmosphere, the intense rallies, and the feeling of pure joy when they make a perfect play. 

¨There can never be a spot where I can’t grow when it comes to volleyball. Also for my position because I’m so tall. I spike the ball which is fun because it allows me to showcase my precision and finesse. It’s like being the conductor of the team, making the perfect play by setting up my teammates for powerful spikes or clever tips,¨ Hale said.

Improving skills in a sport is important because it helps them become better at the game and enjoy it even more! It can open opportunities, boost their confidence, and open up opportunities for them to compete at higher levels. Plus it allows them to challenge themselves, set goals, and see progress over time. 

¨I would like to improve my communication skills because communicating in volleyball is crucial. It helps me coordinate my movements, make quick decisions, and work with my teammates,¨ Hale said.

Their teammates can be a great source of motivation and support to help you improve your skills in a lot of different ways! By practicing together and playing together, you can push each other, and learn from each other. They can give them feedback, give advice, and share their own techniques and experiences they had. 

¨My teammates did improve my communication skills by building strong relationships and making me feel comfortable enough to criticize and help me on and off the court,¨ Hale said.

Having a good relationship with their teammates is very important! When they have a strong bond with their teammates, it creates a supportive and positive environment. It enhances trust, communication, and teamwork on and off the court. It can even allow them to understand each other’s strengths and weaknesses, this can lead to better performance and coordination. Just having friends on the team makes the experience more fun!

Hale and her team are all huddled up, getting pumped for the game!

¨The relationship with my teammates is very good. I had a fun time with them each practice, game, and they show each other respect,¨ Hale said.

Possessing strengths as an athlete is crucial because it allows them to excel in specific areas of their sport. When they focus on their strengths, they can leverage them to their advantage and make a great impact on the game. Their strengths can give them a competitive edge, and boost their confidence. 

¨My strengths as an athlete are being coachable, and adapting to certain changes or switches. Also my athleticism and my height,¨ Hale said. 

It’s good to have a good relationship with their coach. This is because when they have a good rapport with their coach, it becomes easier to communicate, work towards common goals, and understand each other’s expectations. A strong coach-player relationship can also lead to increased trust, motivation, and personal growth. Plus, it’s awesome to have someone who believes in them and wants to help them succeed. 

¨The relationship I had with my coach is pretty mutual. I had a strong feeling that my coach loves to see the best in me, but there are some things that make me question the way she coaches,¨ Hale said.

Now let’s talk about college! In college they’ll have the opportunity to meet new people, and explore different interests. College is a time for personal growth, building memories, and self-discovery. There is always something happening when it comes to college. It’s a chance to discover new things and prepare for their future!

¨I’m trying to get a good inspiring experience out of college. I want to look back on it to say that I learned a lot. But I also want to have an exciting and fun time,¨ Hale said. 

When it comes to visiting a college campus, there’s lots of cool things to experience! They can attend info sessions, take a tour, talk to students, visit classes, check out campus events, and explore the area. It can be a lot of fun because it allows you to immerse yourself in the college atmosphere and get a taste of what life would be like as a student there. 

¨I visited Bluefield State University, Xavier, Juniata College, Lourdes University, and Central Michigan,¨ Hale said. 

Hale commits to Bluefield State to play volleyball and further her academic career.

Choosing what to study in college can be an exciting but challenging decision. It’s okay if they don’t know what to study in college. College is a great opportunity to discover new interests, take a variety of classes, and figure out what they’re passionate about. Many students enter college with an open mind and discover different subjects before deciding on a major. 

¨I’m interested in studying biology or physiology so that I can best prepare myself for medical school,¨ Hale said.

Now let’s talk about their future! It’s important because it’s all about their goals, dress, and the life they want to create for themselves. It’s all about finding fulfillment, success, and happiness in whatever you choose to pursue. They’re future is like a blank canvas waiting for them to paint it with their aspirations and passions. 

¨Being a doctor with a legacy and family of my own is what I imagine in my future,¨ Hale said.

She is going to continue her journey for volleyball in college and is going to have a bright future at Bluefield State University! Her family supports Hale´s decision to continue her education and wishes her the best of luck!