The Student News Site of West Bloomfield High School

WBHS Media

WBHS Media

WBHS Media

Humans of Laker Nation: London Harrison

Harrison spends the day at the movies

Meet London Harrison

London Harrison, 14 years old and a freshman, finds themself at the starting line of a four-year journey in high school. Brimming with a mix of curiosity and anticipation, they contemplate the twists and turns life might unveil in the upcoming chapters of their teenage adventure.

Choir, the pros and cons

“There have been a few times where I wanted to quit, but for the most part, it’s been all positive experiences,” Harrison said, reflecting on their choir experience. They acknowledge that there were more than a few moments when quitting crossed their mind.

I think I’ll survive this year. The next 3 years? Maybe not so much.

— London Harrison

Amid this, Harrison shines a light on the more positive aspects of joining the choir group, 

“I made a lot of friends and got to do a lot of cool opportunities.” 

Additionally, Harrison passionately encourages incoming freshmen to immerse themselves in the high school experience by actively participating in clubs and engaging in various afterschool activities.

“Getting into school clubs is actually really cool for everyone… It’s like this golden chance to make new friends and feel like you belong.”

Harrison works on their ugly sweater ASL assignment

Social life

“She’s an amazing person and a wonderful girlfriend.” Harrison’s partner, AJ, shares. Their relationship is evidently filled with positivity and admiration, creating a bond that goes beyond the ordinary. 

Harrison’s social life is a vibrant tapestry woven with many friendships. The richness of Harrison’s connections is apparent in the diverse group of friends that surround them. 

Harrison’s close friends all seem to agree on one thing as they shared,

“London’s very funny,” “She’s silly.” “I love hanging out with them, they’re kind and funny.”

Whether sharing laughter, navigating challenges, or simply enjoying each other’s company, Harrison has cultivated a social circle that reflects their affable nature and ability to connect with others. 

It’s evident that they bring a positive energy to the social scene, creating an atmosphere where friendships flourish and memories are made.

Harrison getting ready to go out for the day

Uncertainty about the future

When asked, Harrison described their current state in life as “kind of” happy, displaying a mix of dissatisfaction and contentment. In a follow-up question asking if they would change anything about where they are right now he added that he partially wished for a better school life.

“I think I’ll survive this year. The next 3 years? Maybe not so much,” Harrison said in a candid remark. 

They admit there’s this internal struggle of not being sure about who they are, what they want to do, or how things will turn out for them. The pressure from school, friends, and what’s expected in the future make it all a bit overwhelming. 

Harrison still holds a lot of uncertainty about his future, not dissimilar to the majority of high school students here and everywhere. However, intertwined with that they also expressed anticipation for what lies ahead. 

Harrison agrees that looking at the future with hope is important because it keeps our spirits up and makes us feel ready  to face what’s coming our way. “I think having a positive attitude is important.” They said, believing that when we’re hopeful, we focus on good things happening and we can handle whatever comes