Laker Sports Line

Week of December 14-19

Laker Sports Line

Ryan Horwitz and Ari Felhandler

This week on Lakers Sports Line

On Wednesday, December 16, West Bloomfield took on Avondale High School on the ice. The Lakers came out with intensity and beat down Avondale with a final of 5-2. Daniel Kassab (junior) sparked the Lakers’ goal scoring. He chipped in with another later in the second period. Alec Rinaldi (junior) scored one goal and Josh Ramsey (junior) aided the Lakers with a pair. Overall, it was a strong victory for the Lakers. On Friday, two days after their win, the went against L’Anse Creuse North but unfortunately could not achieve the same outcome as two days ago. They ended up losing a close one, with a final of 1-2. Ramsey scored the only goal for the Lakers in their loss. On December 19, the Lakers turned it around again and crushed Mattawan high school 6-2. Kassab scored along with Drew Warnecke (senior). Andrew McDonald (senior) racked uop a hat trick, scoring three. Ramsey chipped in with a goal,continuing his 5 game scoring streak. The Lakers are really starting to look like a solid team.

Boys Varsity Basketball was in action this week, claiming the victory against L’Anse Creuse North, 54-40. Trishton Jackson (senior) led the Lakers in scoring with 17 points  and Kevin McAdoo was not far behind with 14. Both defense and offense were strong for the Lakers, enabling them to secure the victory. As well as Boys Varsity basketball, Girls Varsity Basketball was busy, starting on December 14 versus Clarkston. The Lakers lost to Clarkston with a final of 28-55, a tough defeat. Charlika Stubbs (senior) finished with 16 points and 4 assists. After several days of rest, the Lady Lakers were back on the courts, this time going head to head with Avondale high school. The Lakers won 49-32 because of their strong gameplay. Stubbs led the team’s scoring racking up 17 poins along with 4 steals. Taylor Pierce (senior) grabbed 10 boards and Mazey Kyriakoza (senior) added 8 points to the Lakers’ total.

This week went well for the Lakers and the high school hopes it will continue. Make sure to come back next week for more Laker Sports Line!