Laker Sports Line

Week of December 21-26 (Winter Break)

Ari Felhandler and Ryan Horwitz

While the students of West Bloomfield High School where enjoying their well deserved two week long winter break, the Laker athletes dominated the sports world.

On Tuesday, December 22 the boys basketball team hit the court at Waterford Mott High School and remained in control for the entirety of the match. The Lakers held a commanding 34-20 lead at the the half and maintained their aggressive, fierce tenacity throughout the remainder of the game to finish with the 64-49 victory. Laker guard Trishton Jackson (senior) continued to lead with 21 points. Kevin McAdoo (junior) was just behind with 14 points, and  Davion Johnson and Tyler Davis each finished with 8 points. The WBHS JV team followed in varsity’s footsteps with a massive 66-16 victory. Nate Elam (sophomore) led all scorers with 15 off the bench to add to his essential presence on defense. The freshman Lakers extended their undefeated streak with a 54-32 victory. Lydell Shepherd (freshman) led the way to finish with 10 points. Xavier Williams (freshman) hit three, 3’s in the first half to finish with 9. Alec Vincent (freshman) and Brandon Becks (freshman) each scored 7 points. All three Laker teams look to  
The girls varsity basketball team was also in action on Tuesday, December 22 against Warren Fitzgerald High School. The Lakers commanded the game from the beginning to finish with the 57-33 win. Charlika Stubbs (senior) played very unselfishly dishing the ball for seven assists and finishing with 12 points. The lady Lakers improved to a solid 4-1 and hope to continue their success for the remainder of the season.