Students Honored at West Bloomfield Youth Assistance Recognition Ceremony

Ryan Horwitz and Ben Goldman

On May 3rd many West Bloomfield School district students were recognized for demonstrating excellence in the West Bloomfield community at the 21st Annual Youth Recognition Awards.

Among the students recognized were students of all ages, ranging from young elementary schoolers to high school seniors graduating this year. Here is a brochure with all of the wonderful young students who were nominated and received this award.

The West Bloomfield Youth Assistance (WBYA) board consists of a multitude of wonderful community activists including Deputy Police Chief Curt Lawson, Kelly Hyer, Joe Green, Cindy Hill, Stacy Pasini, Carol Hack, David Flaisher, Police Chief Joe George, Diane Murray, Melanie Torbert, and Rachel Ekizian. Being recognized by this amazing group of people is nothing short of honorable, especially with such high standards that need to be met in order to be recognized.

This ceremony allows us to see how outstanding  the accomplishments of young community members are at such a young age, foreshadowing greatness in the community for years to come. Congratulations to all the nominees, and keep up the amazing work! For more information about the WBYA, please visit http://www.wbyouthassistance.org/home.html.