Victory for the Ages

WEST BLOOMFIELD- A lacrosse intensity actively in display from many years prior returned tonight to this struggling Laker team.

The West Bloomfield High School boys lacrosse team faced off against Warren Mott High School on the Lakers’ home field. Each team desperately needed to improve upon their mere single win seasons entering Saturday’s game.

This matchup featured an intense defensive display on both side of the playing field as each team remained neck and neck, 4-4, to enter the second half.

The Marauders instituted an early run and lead in the third quarter which propelled them to a 6-4 4th period start. Their run only continued from there. Warren Mott connected on another two goals with just under 6 minutes to play. While many instinctively turned their backs on the West Bloomfield, the valiant Lakers only upped their ferocity.

In just under three minutes, the Lakers were able to unload a sensational 5 goals to take the slim 1 point, 9-8 lead over their Warren competition.

The Marauders had one more chance with 30 seconds remaining, however the Lakers’ defensive seal proved to be successful, this curtailing any late hopes for Warren to tie the game up.

Chatham University bound attackman Kyle Prewitt (senior) commanded this Laker offense with four goals. Just behind him, midfielder Josh Plyer (senior) recorded two essential late goals. Jakob Cuda, Jason Israilov, and Ari Felhandler each scored a single goal to help advance the Lakers to a much needed victory.
The Lakers were able to rack up their second win within the past two weeks and look to take on a rival North Farmington High School team at West Bloomfield High School on Thursday, May 11th. Make sure to come out and support your Laker team on senior night.