WBHS introduces Fine Arts Scholar Breakfast

WBHS announces Scholar Breakfast

Theatre+members+such+as+those+pictured+above+will+be+some+of+the+students+featured+on+the+brand+new+Fine+Arts+Wall+of+Fame+

Theatre members such as those pictured above will be some of the students featured on the brand new Fine Arts Wall of Fame

Madelyn Chau and Jo Fogarasi

This year will be the beginning of many progressions in the fine arts department. Recently, the newly formed Fine Arts Student Action Committee has decided that at the close of the 2017-2018 school year will be West Bloomfield High School’s first ever Fine Arts Scholar Breakfast. Besides adding a Fine Arts Scholar Breakfast, the Committee plans to introduce a new Fine Arts Wall of Fame, bring back Theatre Week, and augment new arts equipment using revenue from the recently passed bond.

The Committee has determined that like the Athletic Scholar Breakfast, there will be certain requirements for a senior to take part in the Fine Arts Scholar Breakfast. The parameters are as follows: to participate, one must have at least a 3.0 GPA through the second semester of their senior year, and have taken part in a form of fine arts throughout all four years at the high school, whether it be a class or an extracurricular activity.

Such students that would be admitted into the breakfast could have completed four seasons of Color Guard during their time at the high school, or taken the Symphony Winds class two years and then Marching Band the other two, for example. There are many possible ways to gain inclusion on this event, which will be ultimately determined by an application process. Stay updated with Spectrum for more information on this recent development.