Visual Arts Show Enlightens Students of WBHS

Deepa Jha

We all know the big names. Pablo Picasso, Vincent Van Gogh, Claude Monet, Leonardo Da Vinci, and yes, DiCaprio too. But where do all of these big names come from? They all had to come from somewhere and West Bloomfield High School is definitely a place to start.

WBHS held a beautiful visual arts show. From April 23 to April 27, artwork was displayed in the atrium of various grades. These ranged from kindergarten to seniors. Over 65 students were recognized in the show. It was the first time in a few years that the school held a district-wide art show.

“The art show was a lot of fun and a good opportunity to see artwork from all different grades and the different school in the school district.” commented sophomore, Holly Daugard. Daugard’s drawing of a shoe was featured in the show.

The art show was an immense success. Students walking through the atrium would often stop and look at the artwork displayed. “I enjoyed the artwork because it displayed every individual point of view, and the range was really impressive because every artist put their own style on display.” said Dhiya Krupashankar, sophomore.

The show helped the students of WBHS realize that art is possible at any age. This is not the only thing that WBHS has done to recognize the fine arts. Soon, there will be a Fine Arts Wall of Fame being unveiled along with a breakfast for senior fine arts scholars. Be sure to sign up for art classes next year for the opportunity to be honored at the next show!