New Mosaic Motivates WB

The new mosaic of WBHS.

The new mosaic of WBHS.

Jenna Anderson, Writer

As students walked through the front doors on the first day of school, they noticed a new piece of artwork. Over the summer, a mosaic was created specifically for West Bloomfield High School and hung on the wall in the atrium.

Jennifer Rosenwasser, the teacher in charge of the project, said, “The hope is to send the message, visually, that one needs to do their part to have positivity in the school.”

The large circle is decorated with iridescent stones, the classic WB anchor, Lyle the crocodile, and a quote that reads, “Be the change you wish to see in the world. -unknown.” This message was picked to go along with the “Be The Change” motto. Rosenwasser said that she hopes it will inspire students to “treat others as they would like to be treated and treat everyone with kindness.”

The mosaic was created by Gail Rosenbloom Kaplan and Dani Katsiri. The price of the piece was $5,000 which was paid through various donations. These include contributions made by the Be the Change club and the National Honors Society. Hopefully, when students see the mosaic, they will be motivated to make a real change.

For more artwork by Gail Rosenbloom Kaplan, go to https://www.gailrosenbloomkaplan.com/about.html.