Laker Sports Line

Week of September 28- October 3

Photo Credits: https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&ved=0CAYQjB1qFQoTCIy_pYad_MgCFcbzHgodddcJHg&url=http%3A%2F%2Fcandgnews.mycapture.com%2Fmycapture%2Fenlarge.asp%3Fimage%3D56712381%26Event%3D1968425%26CategoryID%3D25859&bvm=bv.106923889,d.dmo&psig=AFQjCNGw5UrPA9cySApO3AxIHQL8XZtZug&ust=1446914014747127

The Lakers had a volleyball-filled week with lots of action on the courts. Also this week was a little bit of soccer for the Lakers.

On September 30 the Lakers beat Ferndale High School in 3 straight sets, improving their season record to 12-2. Lindesy DuFresne (senior) had 21 assists. Nyla Greer (junior) collected 6 kills in the match. Vanessa Vigier (junior) also chipped in with kills, contributing 7 of her own.  Shannon Heald (senior) got 6 kills and Gabi Allread (senior) had 8. On the defensive side of the math the Lakers were just as strong as on offense. Lauren Powers (junior) helped the Lakers with 9 digs, Heald slammed 7, and Nicole Ostrovsky (senior) also mustered up 7. On October 1 the Lakers were back on the courts against Avondale High School and swept them in 3 straight sets. With the sweep they keep their undefeated record of 4-0 in the OAA white division. Also with the win they improved to 13-2. DuFresne had her best performance recording 32 assists, her high for the season. Allread and Heald racked up the kills, Allread with 15, a season high, and Heald with 10. Greer also added in the kills with 9. There were several girls with 100% serving including Powers, DuFresne, Heald, and Avra DeYoung (senior). October 6 marked the Lakers 5th win in a row. They were victorious  with tremendous efforts from the players.  DuFresne had 22 assists, adding to her impressive season resume. Allread led the Lakers with 8 kills, while Greer and Vigier chipped in with 5 a piece. The win bossted them to 5-0 in the OAA white division. Their successes continued against Rochester when they swept them on October 8. Their record is lifted to 18-4-1 now with 53 set wins and only 10 set losses. Allread led the team with 14 kills, Heald following with 6, Vigier with 5, and Greer with 4. DuFresne had another 32 assist game, her second of the season. Ostrovsky had 9 digs on offense, DuFresne added with 8, DeYoung had 7, and Allread chipped in 6.

The Lakers Boys Varsity Soccer team took to the field and dominated Groves High School 1-0 in a close game. Vittorio Vassilev (sophomore) scored off the free kick from Grant Jones (sophomore) to put the Lakers up and to give them the victory.

On Friday Night, the Varsity Football team took on Oxford High School. Brandon Williams (senior) connected with Trishton Jackson (senior) for a touchdown pass. Jackson and Garrett Winn (junior) both scored touchdown and the Lakers sealed the deal with a 55 yard fumble recovery for a touchdown by DeQuincy Lewis (junior). The Lakers continued their undefeated streak and strong play.