An Outline of HOSA

The HOSA team at last year’s regional competition

Deepa Jha, Editor

Health Science Club at West Bloomfield High School has been the largest club at the school for years now. The club attracts kids of all grades due to one main cause: learning more about the health sciences.

Most of the club is geared towards the regional health science competition. In this competition, the students study for their own chosen event, and take a test on the subject or present to a panel of judges.

The Regional Michigan Health Science Competition is on November 30 at Novi High School. Students will be at the school from 12:30 p.m. to 10 p.m. The event ends with an awards ceremony where the 10 top contestants from each event are announced and are awarded with the opportunity to go to states.

The most recent meeting, Monday, October 29, HOSA held a mandatory meeting for participants in the competition. The meeting outlined what the students should be doing to prepare and what to expect at the meeting.

“Even though it was tiring being out for so long, it was very fun. Especially if you made it to states. At states it was fun to explore another city and go to higher levels” commented, Surveen Singh, a junior who has been in HOSA since her freshman year.

Students that are in HOSA only have 21 more days until the compeititon. Get to studying Lakers!