WBHS Color Guard Coloring Their Way to Finals

Come Check Out Color Guard!

10641008_10205191193958508_5429182340505484189_nThis past weekend the West Bloomfield High School (WBHS) Color Guard competed at Clarkston High School  on October 19, 2014 and placed 6th place. The Color Guard participates in nine to ten competitions in the winter season. With 15 members, the practices take place throughout the summer and the school weeks in the fall and winter. Carine Ingweiller, senior, is currently the captain of the color guard; she has been in guard since grade seven and has been captain the past two years. Alisibeth Watkins-Miller, sophomore, who has been in the club for four years now, said she found out about color guard through marching band, “I saw it on a poster and in a video, and I just fell in love with it. All the costumes and the performance and the fact that these young students could look so strong yet graceful was mesmerizing.” This past year, the color guard placed first at the state finals with their show, “The Very Hungry Caterpillar.” Members of the club who are in high school include, Mikayla Smith, Carine Ingweiller, Lilianne Pukhrambam, Salina Rice, Madison Murray, Toni Mcelwee, Sydney Pack, Nya Flannigan, and Paige Sutherlin. The club accepts any student in grades seven through twelve. There will be tryouts for the winter color guard season Wednesday, November 12th and Thursday, November 13th from 5pm to 8pm at the high school. Come watch the WBHS Color Guard perform this Saturday, October 25, 2014 at Lakeland High School in Milford at 5pm.1385277_10202812145363780_687897613_n