Laker Sports Line

Week of January 4-9

Ryan Horwitz and Ari Felhandler

This week on Laker Sports Line

Boys Varsity Basketball kicked off the week for the West Bloomfield Lakers on Tuesday, December 5. They took the courts going head to head with Notre Dame Preparatory and were successful against their foe. The Lakers won 59-41, with solid offense and defense throughout the game. This was a complete team victory, with 11 players scoring and 3 scoring double digits. Those three were Trishton Jackson (senior), Kevin McAdoo (junior) and Gervon Winn (senior). McAdoo dropped 20 points along with 3 assists and 2 steals against NDP. Jackson came close to a double-double with 15 points and 8 assists and also grabbed 5 boards. Winn chipped in to the Lakers’ effort with 12 points of his own. This was a solid game performance-wise for the Lakers and the end result was a win.

Girls Varsity Basketball was also in action this week. On Tuesday they faced off against Oxford High School. The Lady Lakers gave it everything they had, but were not able to come back for the victory. They lost 26-33. Their shooting was off Tuesday night and the only big producer was Charlika Stubbs (senior) with 11 points. Two days later, January 7, the Lady Lakers bounced back against Royal Oak High School, this time with a much better outcome. The Lakers beat Royal Oak 41-37 with the help of Stubbs scoring 16 points and Taylor Pierce (senior) with 9. The Lakers were down a few times during the game but were able to come back each time and the last time they stayed ahead for good.

The Varsity Hockey team took the ice against Farmington High School on Wednesday, January 6. The Lakers lost 0-7, an unfortunate night. The Lakers turned it around on the 8 of January versus  Waterford United. Josh Ramsey (junior) scored one of two goals against Waterford and Matt Ladoucer (sophomore) scored the winning goal for the Lakers. Anthony Crews (junior) was stellar in goal and only let up the one goal, enabling the Lakers to be victorious. Saturday, January 9 marked the day the Lakers put an absolute beating on Fraser High School. With a final score of 13-1, a whopping difference, the Lakers collected their fifth win this season. Cameron Dickinson (senior) had a 4 goal night, a Sombrero trick, accompanied by Alec Rinaldi (junior) who had a hat trick trick. Drew Warnecke (senior), Daniel Kassab (junior), JD Long (junior), Noah Post (junior), and Josh Ramsey all scored goals for the Lakers that night as well.

This week was very productive as well as successful for the Lakers and West Bloomfield hopes to see more of this success throughout the winter sports season. Come back next week for more Lakers Sports Line!