It’s Fun Until…

West Bloomfield High School Varsity Basketball Fights For a Win

Its Fun Until...

Hunter Griffin, Editor

What a night to be a Laker. On Friday, January 15, the West Bloomfield High School (WBHS) Basketball teams honored the memory of former Laker Josh Levine. Josh was a very active athlete and an important part of WBHS. He played several sports and always gave his all. Recently, he passed away from an accidental overdose at a college party. After Josh died, his mother, Julie Levine, realized the importance of bringing awareness of the dangers caused by substance abuse and ingesting stimulants and alcohol. That was the beginning of the Josh E. Levine Foundation. Prior to the Friday night game, WBHS took a week dedicated to fundraisers and small events that helped to raise money for the foundation. The Basketball game held on Friday was a perfect ending to such an inspiring week. The Lakers kept the memory of Josh in their minds by wearing a t-shirt with the most important quote, “It’s fun until…” which is the main focus of the foundation. They battled hard through the night and pushed through every obstacle Avondale presented. Although Avondale strived to be victorious, the Lakers did not give up. With an ending score of 73-70, WBHS was able bring home a win.

For more information about the Josh E. Levive foundation, check out their website  http://www.joshelevinefoundation.org/