The Student News Site of West Bloomfield High School

WBHS Media

WBHS Media

WBHS Media

A Peachy Story For You To See!

James and the Giant Peach

“Kid’s Show” is an incredible opportunity for underclassmen to immerse themselves in the West Bloomfield High School Theatre department. Whether through acting, doing tech, or stage managing, students have the chance to contribute to cohesive and beautiful theatrical productions while enjoying a great time together.

Directed by Kasia Balajewicz, Seleste Knappe, and Sarah Lauerman, this production promises to be a memorable experience. The show is set to take place on December 2nd, at 2 pm. After holding auditions earlier this week, the cast and crew are now preparing to deliver a fantastic performance.

This show is entirely directed, built, and managed, by students for the elementary school kids.  Seleste Knappe, who herself was a part of kids-show in 2021 shares her experience: “It was really cool being able to have a lead role as a freshman. I learned a lot and I’m very grateful for the experience. And it was really impressive how quickly we were able to put up a show for the kids.”

“James and the Giant Peach” by Roald Dahl and adapted by David Wood is a fantastical and exciting play that follows the journey of a young boy named James. Living with his two cruel aunts, Aunt Sponge and Aunt Spiker, James yearns for excitement in his otherwise unhappy and lonely life. One day, a random encounter with a seemingly magical old man changes everything.

After receiving a mysterious gift from the old man, James discovers that the peach tree beside his home starts to undergo a remarkable transformation. The ordinary peach begins to grow rapidly, piquing James’ curiosity about its bizarre nature. Encouraged by his newfound courage, James decides to explore further and steps into the giant peach, embarking on an extraordinary adventure.

Inside the peach, James encounters a host of intriguing characters, including Spider, Ladybug, Earthworm, Old-Green Grasshopper, Centipede, and many more. Together, they embark on silly and unbelievable adventures that will captivate the audience’s imagination.

Don’t miss out on this whimsical journey with James and his friends as the theater department brings “James and the Giant Peach” to life!

Auditions For James And the Giant Peach on Monday November 13th